Celestron* AstroMaster 70EQ Telescope (#21062)
*Celestron products are not eligible for free shipping. Shipping fee will be advised before payment method is processed. Please call or email for additional information.
If you're looking for a dual-purpose telescope appropriate for both terrestrial and celestial viewing, then the AstroMaster Series is for you. Each AstroMaster model is capable of giving correct views of land and sky.
The AstroMaster Series produce bright, clear images of the Moon and planets. It is easy to see the moons of Jupiter and the rings of Saturn with every one of these fine instruments. For views of the brighter deep space objects like galaxies and nebulae, we recommend the larger aperture and light gathering ability of the Newtonian reflectors.
- Quick and easy no-tool setup
- Permanently mounted StarPointer
- Erect image optics - Ideal for terrestrial and astronomical use
- Quick release dovetail attachment - no tool setup
- German Equatorial mount with Setting circles - to accurately locate and track sky objects
- Rugged pre-assembled tripod with 1.25" steel tube legs - Provides a rigid and stable platform
- All coated glass optics for clear, crisp images
- Deluxe accessory tray for convenient storage of accessories
- “TheSkyX – First Light Edition” astronomy software with a 10,000 object database, printable sky maps and 75 enhanced images
PLEASE CALL 888-365-6065 TO ORDER.
|Aperture (mm)||70 mm (2.76 in)|
|Focal Length||900 mm (35 in)|
|Focal Length of Eyepiece 1 (mm)||20 mm (0.79 in)|
|Magnification of Eyepiece 1||45 x|
|Focal Length of Eyepiece 2 (mm)||10 mm (0.39 in)|
|Magnification of Eyepiece 2||90 x|
|Star Diagonal||Erect Image Diagonal - 1.25"|
|Mount Type||CG-2 Equatorial|
|Tripod||1.25" steel tube legs|
|Highest Useful Magnification||165 x|
|Lowest Useful Magnification||10 x|
|Limiting Stellar Magnitude||11.7|
|Resolution (Rayleigh)||1.99 arc seconds|
|Resolution (Dawes)||1.66 arc seconds|
|Light Gathering Power (Compared to human eye)||100 x|
|Apparent Field of View||1.1 °|
|Linear Field of View (@1000 yds)||58 ft (18 m)|
|Optical Tube Length||36 in (914 mm)|
|Warranty||2-year Telescope Warranty|
We Also Recommend
Questions & Answers
Have a Question?
Be the first to ask a question about this.