Vital Stains Kit - 7 Common Laboratory Stains and Substrates (BZ0920)
This stain kit is perfect for beginners and advanced users, alike. It includes 7 of the most common laboratory stains, general instructions, and bibulous paper. May be used on living cells without damaging or injuring the cells. Comes with our own exclusive guide for slide preparation and the characteristics of each stain, as well as a book of Bibulous Paper! Bibulous is an absorbent, white, paper recommended for drying slides or absorbing excess stain. Especially useful in bacteriological, pathological, and biological laboratories. (Actual staining methods vary widely for different specimens. Research is recommended to determine the best procedure for your application.)
- Bismarck Brown Y, 1% Alcoholic Solution, for histology tissues, acid mucins, goblet cells and cartilage
- Brilliant Cresyl Blue, 1% Alcoholic Solution, for hematology, counting reticuloytes and platelets, mucous secretions
- Janus Green, 1% Alcoholic Solution, for histology mitochondria, DNA reduction, oxidation, electron transfer chain alteration
- Methylene Blue, 1% Alcoholic Solution, for animal, bacteria, and blood cells, in observing structure and nuclei
- Neutral Red, 1% Alcoholic Solution, for histology, lysosomes, plants and living cells
- Copper (II) Acetate, 3% Aqueous Solution (cupric acetate) used as catalyst in reactions
- Copper (II) Sulfate, 1% Aqueous Solution (cupric sulfate), used as catalyst in reactions
- Bibulous Paper, Book of 50 Sheets, 4" x 6"
- General Instructions
- The common stains used for general biology
- Convenient 1 oz (30 ml) Dropper Bottles with Screw-on Caps
- Individual bottles are available separately for refilling your kit.
- Safety Data Sheets for All 7 Solutions
- For educational use. Keep out of reach of children.
DOT Info: Small quantity exemption 173.4 for domestic highway or rail transport only. (Cannot ship in liquid form to Alaska, Hawaii, PR, APO or FPO. Please refer to our EZ Prep Capsules for air transportation.)
WARNING: This product can expose you to chemicals including Methanol/Methyl isobutyl ketone and Strong inorganic acid mists containing sulfuric acid, which are known to the State of California to cause cancer and reproductive harm. For more information go to http://www.P65Warnings.ca.gov.
We Also Recommend
Canada Balsam Synthetic Mounting Medium 25ml/0.85oz (#AC0020)
Insect Collecting Jar, Glass, with Ethyl Acetate (#1108, 1116, BZ0068)
Questions & Answers
Have a Question?
Be the first to ask a question about this.