Celestron 114LCM Newtonian Computerized Telescope (#31150)
114LCM COMPUTERIZED TELESCOPE
Get the same star locating technology found on our observatory-grade telescopes at a price that fits your family’s budget with the 114LCM.
Locates objects for you! Leave the star maps at home; 114 LCM computerized telescopes can locate thousands of celestial objects for you automatically. To get started, just perform our simple SkyAlign alignment procedure by centering any three bright objects in your telescope’s eyepiece. From there, your LCM can calculate the time, date, and location and orient itself with the night sky.
Browse the hand control’s database and select any star, planet, galaxy, or nebulae in the database. Within seconds, your LCM centers it in the eyepiece and tracks it as it moves across the sky. Looking for something new to observe? Press the Sky Tour button and your LCM generates a list of the best celestial objects currently visible.
- Computerized telescope automatically locates thousands of celestial objects using the NexStar+ hand control.
- Follow the simple SkyAlign alignment procedure and you’re ready to observe in minutes!
- Large 114-millimeter Newtonian reflector offers the most light-gathering ability in the LCM telescope family.
- Not sure what to observe? Press the Sky Tour button and your telescope generates a list of the best objects currently visible.
- Comes with everything you need to get started with astronomy, including 2 eyepieces and a full-height tripod.
|Optical Design||Newtonian Reflector|
|Aperture (mm)||114 mm (4.49 in)|
|Focal Length||1000 mm (39 in)|
|Focal Length of Eyepiece 1 (mm)||25 mm (0.98 in)|
|Magnification of Eyepiece 1||40 x|
|Focal Length of Eyepiece 2 (mm)||9 mm (0.35 in)|
|Magnification of Eyepiece 2||111 x|
|Mount Type||Motorized Altazimuth|
|Accessory Tray||No Tool, Quick release|
|Highest Useful Magnification||269 x|
|Lowest Useful Magnification||16 x|
|Limiting Stellar Magnitude||12.8|
|Resolution (Rayleigh)||1.22 arc seconds|
|Resolution (Dawes)||1.02 arc seconds|
|Light Gathering Power (Compared to human eye)||265 x|
|Apparent Field of View||1.6 °|
|Linear Field of View (@1000 yds)||84 ft (26 m)|
|Slew Speeds||Nine slew speeds|
|Tracking Rates||Sidereal, Solar and Lunar|
|Tracking Modes||Alt-Az, EQ North and EQ South|
|Alignment Procedures||SkyAlign, Auto 2-Star Align, 1-Star Align, 2-Star Align, Solar System Align|
|Computer Hand Control||Fully Computerized / Flash Upgradeable|
|Database||4,000 Object Database|
|Warranty||2-year Telescope Warranty|
We Also Recommend
Questions & Answers
Have a Question?
Be the first to ask a question about this.