PRIMARY SLIDE SET WITH 24 SPECIMENS AND THE WORLD OF THE MICROSCOPE BOOK (#LR2039B)
Learning Resources Prepared Slides Set 1 features 24 specimens mounted on 6 glass slides. Slides are colorfully wrapped to protect little fingers from cuts, identify category, and separate and identify specimens. Packed in a convenient paperboard box for safekeeping. Grades 3+ LER 2039
- Pollens and Spore: Pollen of Lily, Leaf Spore, Sunflower Pollen, Bottle Brush Spore, Fern Spore
- Tiny Creature: Plant Louse, Fruit Fly, Shrimp Egg, Silk Worm Larva (moth)
- Textile Fibers: Hemp Fiber, Silk Stuff, Cotton Fibre, Bemberg
- Insects: Leg of Butterfly, Wing of Butterfly, Wing of Locust, Leg of Honey Bee
- Plants: Pine Wood, Camellia Leaf Section, Bamboo Shoot, Sponge Gourd
- Animals: Goldfish Scale, Hare Hair, Camel Hair, Feather Fowl Point
Also included is The World of the Microscope book, by Usborn.
Without reading like a text book, it is a colorful and practical introduction to microscopic history, mechanics, applications, activities and projects. This book makes a wonderful gift for children up to 14 years old, Although, we know many adults that thoroughly enjoy it as well! PB298
- Paperback, 48 pages
- Written by Chris Oxlade and Corinne Stockly, Scientific Advisor, Dr. John Rostron
- Full color illustrations.
- Shortlisted for the Science Book Prize by the Science Museum COPUS
- ISBN 978-0-7945-1524-9
We Also Recommend
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
Have a Question?
Be the first to ask a question about this.