Primary Slide set with 24 Specimens and The World of the Microscope Book (#LR2040B)
Learning Resources Prepared Slides Set 2 features 24 specimens mounted on 6 glass slides. Slides are colorfully wrapped to protect little fingers from cuts, identify category, and separate and identify specimens. Packed in a convenient paperboard box for safekeeping. Grades 3+
- Pollens and Spore: Tulip Pollen, Leaf Spore, Pint Tree Pollen, Orange Pollen
- Tiny Creature: Common Red Sponge, Angora Rabbit Hair, Ant, Mouse Fur
- Textile Fibers: Panya, Nylon, Wool, Handmade Paper
- Insects: Locust Leg, Worker Bee Wing, Bee Antenna, Bee Abdomen
- Plants: Stem of Corn, Leaf of Nerium, Onion Rind, Silver Berry Scaly Hair
- Animals: Cat Hair, Canary Feather, Dog Hair, Sheep Hair
Also included is The World of the Microscope book, by Usborn.
Without reading like a text book, it is a colorful and practical introduction to microscopic history, mechanics, applications, activities and projects. This book makes a wonderful gift for children up to 14 years old, Although, we know many adults that thoroughly enjoy it as well!
- Paperback, 48 pages
- Written by Chris Oxlade and Corinne Stockly, Scientific Advisor, Dr. John Rostron
- Full color illustrations.
- Shortlisted for the Science Book Prize by the Science Museum COPUS
- ISBN 978-0-7945-1524-9
We Also Recommend
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
Have a Question?
Be the first to ask a question about this.