DNA/Chromosome Staining Kit for Small Group Learning (#AC3000)
Prepare your own squashed stained slide and be able to identify the phases of plant mitosis and chromosomal development. Students will be able to prepare, stain and mount slides using specially prepared onion root tips. Kit contains enough material for 5 groups of students. Teacher’s Manual and Student Study Guide copy masters are included. (IS3000-SGL)
Aligned to the Next Generation Science Standards (NGSS*)
Disciplinary Core Ideas: LS1.A; LS1.B
Performance Expectations: MS-LS1-1; HS-LS1-1; HS-LS1-4
Cross Cutting Concepts: Scale, Proportion, and Quantity; Systems and System Models; Structure and Function
Engineering Practices: Planning and Carrying Out Investigations; Developing and Using Models; Constructing Explanations and Designing Solutions
- INVESTIGATING THE STAGES OF MITOSIS - Cells are the basic building blocks of life. This activity introduces learners to the mechanisms within existing cells to drive the formation of new cells
- PREPARING, STAINING & MOUNTING SLIDES - Learn to prepare, stain and mount your own slides using preserved onion root tips. Explore and identify the phases of plant mitosis and chromosomal development
- DEMONSTRATES CROSS CUTTING CONCEPTS - In addition to examining mitosis, learners will also develop skills in planning and carrying out investigations, as well as constructing explanations and designing solutions
- EXCELLENT FOR REMOTE LEARNING - Great for distance learning and home schooling - kit includes instruction manual, worksheets and enough materials for 5 groups of students
- MICROSOPE REQUIRED, but not included, to carry out experiment.
- 1 vial Preserved onion root tips
- 20mL Hydrochloric Acid
- 20mL Toluidine Blue 1.0% Solution
- 1 box Microscope Slides
- 1 box Coverslips
- 5 Aluminum Dishes
- 5 Forceps
- Student Study Guide
- Teacher's Manual
- SDS Sheets
DOT Info: Small quantity exemption 173.3 THIS PACKAGE CONFORMS TO 49 CFR 173.4 for domestic highway or rail transport only.
*”Next Generation Science Standards” is a registered trademark of Achieve. Neither Achieve nor the lead states and partners that developed the Next Generation Science Standards was involved in the production of, and does not endorse, this product.
WARNING: This product can expose you to chemicals including Methanol/Methyl isobutyl ketone, which is known to the State of California to cause cancer, birth defects and reproductive harm. For more information go to http://www.P65Warnings.ca.gov.
We Also Recommend
pH Indicator Solution Set with 3 Regents and Universal Chart (#BZ0003)
Pollen & Spores Microscope Slides, Set of 12 Individual Specimens (#92025)
Benz Microscope Basic Glass Slide Making Kit, 20 pieces (#BZK2010)
ABO/Rh Interactions Simulated Blood Typing Activity Kit (USA#BZ6551)
Questions & Answers
Have a Question?
Be the first to ask a question about this.