Pepsin and Hydrochloric Acid Set, P-HCI. 25g/30ml (BZ3000-Set)
This set provides the chemicals needed to demonstrate the process of digestion in your home school, classroom, or science fair. Pepsin is an enzyme that breaks down food proteins into peptides in the digestive system. Pepsin can digest a hard boiled egg in about 2.5 hours in water acidulated with hydrochloric acid (HCI). Methods vary by curriculum, please refer to your Teacher's Guide for step-by-step instructions.
For entomology use, pepsin with hydrochloric acid (1% + 1% + 98% water) can relax specimens, where ethyl acetate did not succeed, by breaking down proteins using a vapor method.
For laboratory use only. Packaged in USA. Keep out of reach of children. CAS# 9001-75-6.
- 25 g Reagent Grade Powder
- 30 ml of Hydrochloric Acid
- Breaks down food proteins into peptides
- Great for STEM, Classroom and Science Fair Experiments
- Use to Relax Insect Specimens for Pinning and Display
- Safety Data Sheets Included
We Also Recommend
Canada Balsam Synthetic Mounting Medium 25ml/0.85oz (#AC0020)
Questions & Answers
Have a Question?
Be the first to ask a question about this.