Slide Stains: Gram's Stain Kit, 7pk (#BZ0221KIT)
Our slide stain kits are convenient sets of stains, buffers and regents for specific applications. Takes the guess work out of deciding what types of chemicals to order. Packaged in easy-to-use dropper bottles for ease of application. Includes SDS sheet for each chemical in the set.
DOT Info: Small quantity exemption for land and rail transportation only. (Cannot ship in liquid form to Alaska, Hawaii, PR, APO or FPO. Please refer to our EZ Prep Capsules for air transportation.)
Gram staining, or Gram's method, is used to differentiate bacterial species into two large groups: gram-positive or gram-negative. It is often the first test performed for the identification of bacteria. Kit includes:
- 100 ml Ethyle Alcohol, Denatured, 95% UN1170 (screw-cap bottle with plastic pipette)
- 30 ml Crystal Violet Ammonium Oxalate
- 30 ml Safranin O, 1% Aqueous Solution
- 30 ml Iodine, Potassium Iodide Solution (glass bottle with screw-cap dropper)
- Basic Instructions
- Safety Data Sheets for each (Click on each solution to download SDS.)
We Also Recommend
Canada Balsam Synthetic Mounting Medium 25ml/0.85oz (#AC0020)
Questions & Answers
Have a Question?
Be the first to ask a question about this.